Michael Critchfield Wilson Dubois Amelia Nevelos Molly Sims
Coach Tania Nevelos
2nd year at MHS | 1st year coach MHS Swim & Dive
Coach Nevelos arrived in Milton in 2016. She previously lived in the Philippines where she was very involved in the school swimming program. She is a qualified coach with Swim Australia and has also qualified with the World Swimming Coaches Association. She is eager to work closely with Coach Mimo and to help the Milton Swim Team be as successful as they can be!
Coach Miriam (Scholz) McAlister
8th teaching Math at MHS | 5th year coach MHS Swim & Dive
Coach McAlister grew up in North Fulton and has a lot of first-hand experience with how to build a great team. She swam competitively with Swim Atlanta for 10 years, participated with the Alpharetta Sharks summer league team, and swam for the Milton Eagles Swim & Dive team on the high school circuit. Miriam has been the head coach for the Alpharetta Sharks for 14 glorious summers and an assistant coach at Milton HS for 3 years. She is very excited about the upcoming season!
Milton Swim and Dive Volunteer Opportunities
The success of our season depends on our volunteers. Descriptions of the various volunteer opportunities are listed below. We are utilizing Sign Up Genius to coordinate our volunteer jobs and a link will be provided as we get closer to the start of the season. We encourage each family to sign up for two to three volunteer slots to ensure a successful season! No need to volunteer if you are team photographer, banquet coordinator, McCallie chaperone, senior recognition, or party host.
Contacts for questions:
Erin Kazmi Nicole Swartz
Email: Erinfitz8@yahoo.com Email: NicoleMSchwartz@yahoo.com
Volunteer Job Descriptions:
- Bullpen Set Up - Arrive 60 minutes prior to team arrival. Set up table, banner, and snacks for the swimmers. Also, spread out our team Tarp to reserve a spot for our Swimmers. Gina, Patti, or Tania will coordinate with you to get the table, banner, and Tarp for set up.
- Snacks for approximately 40-50 swimmers. Snacks provided in the past have been protein bars, trail mix, fruit snacks, Sun Chips, yogurt, granola bars, apples, bananas, oranges, or anything your favorite swimmer likes. Milton Booster Club will reimburse your expense if a receipt is provided.
- Drinks- Two cases of water and two cases of Gatorade work great from Costco! Drinks should be delivered in a cooler with ice. Extras can be stored under the table to refill the cooler as necessary. Please deliver 30 minutes prior to team arrival and don’t forget to pick up your cooler at the end of the meet! Milton Booster Club will reimburse your expense if a receipt is provided.
- Timers- Timers will time the entire meet. Timer meetings are typically held 30 minutes prior to the meet start time. At this time you will receive your lane assignment, directions, and timer.
- Breakfast/Dinner Delivery- Coordinate breakfast and/or dinner and deliver to the meet for the swimmers. Bagel Boys, Chick Fila, Publix, Jimmy John's, or Costco sandwich platter have worked well in the past. Milton Booster Club will reimburse your expense if a receipt is provided.
- Bullpen Break Down/Clean Up- Towards the end of the meet we need one or two parents to clean up our area. Make sure the table, banner, and tarp are returned to either Gina Critchfield or Patti Dailey. Extra snacks and drinks can also be returned to either Gina or Patti and utilized at our next meet.
- McCallie Travel Chaperone- Need two- Coordinates with the coaches to supervise swimmers at our overnight meet in Chattanooga.
- Party Host - Swimmers enjoy socializing too! If you have a home large enough to host a party or a community club house this is a great way for the team to build relationships and have fun outside of the pool. Swimmers can bring the food/drinks/supplies. Last year we utilized evite to coordinate.
Season Opener - TBA, maybe October 29th
Holiday Party- TBA, Maybe December 3th or 17th - Includes both swimmers and parents.
State Meet Send Off - TBA, Maybe January 28th.
- Senior Recognition Coordinator- Coordinates details related to senior recognition. List of seniors to be announced, roses for presentation, banner, and works with Coach McAlister to ensure all details are covered.
- Photography Coordinator- Need two photographers to takes photos at meets and upload photos to our google site.
- Banquet Coordinator- Coordinates all aspects of the End of Season Banquet. We have a handbook outlining responsibilities. Coordinator will ensure everything happens with help of the banquet committee.
- Banquet Committee- You will assist the coordinator with planning the banquet.